School Age Care for Kids (SACK)
School-age children from kindergarten until their thirteenth birthday find safety, supervision, and exciting games and educational activities at our SACK program. We provide care before and after school, during delays and cancellations, as well as vacation days and summer break.
Transportation to and from school is available during the school year.
School-age children are full of energy. Our staff channel this energy into dynamic activities, events, and field trips that complement what children are learning in school. The children have an opportunity to help with the planning of special events and field trips to ensure that they revolve around the children’s areas of interest and meet the various age levels needs.
During the summer, some favorite events and field trips include swimming days, the Bloomsburg Theatre Ensemble productions, cooking days, and our guest presenters from the local Cooperative Extension offices. Other popular field trips have included Lake Tobias, Whitaker Science Center, Rail Riders Baseball Game, and many others
Based at our site on Bloom Road, our SACK program strives to offer fun and flights of the imagination for the whole child: mind, body, and spirit.
Health & Safety
- Regular health screenings of children and teachers
- Daily sanitization of toys and other classroom materials
- Regular disinfection of high-touch surfaces
- 1:12 teacher-to-child ratio for individualized care and supervision
- CPR- and First Aid certified staff
- Professional cleaning daily after business hours
Our School-Agers’ Day
A typical morning in Before Care includes:
- Free choice activities (e.g., art, games, reading, sports, etc.)
- Light breakfast
- Supervised transition to school transportation
A typical afternoon in After Care includes:
- Group meetings
- Healthy snacks
- Outdoor play on the playground or in the gym
- Homework time
- Free play/choice time
When the Danville School District has a half-day or a day off, we are here! We plan a variety of activities to make these days fun and memorable.