Young Toddlers are so busy growing and learning new skills! Our Young Toddler classroom is the place to be. Our teachers plan a variety of hands-on activities that further encourage their newfound skills. Our Young Toddlers enjoy ample time to express themselves when participating in art activities, singing, dancing, building, and pretending in our many learning centers.
Health & Safety
● Daily health screenings of children and teachers
● Daily sanitization of toys and other classroom materials
● Regular disinfection of high-touch surfaces
● 1:5 teacher-to-child ratio for individualized care
● CPR and First Aid certified staff
● Dedicated play area for Young Toddlers
● Professional cleaning daily after business hours
Our Young Toddlers’ Day
● Engaging arrival/transition activities
● Circle Time (songs, stories, movement)
● Thematic learning center activities
● Outdoor play (morning and afternoon)
● Healthy breakfast, lunch & afternoon snack
● Self-selected activities
Partnering with Families
It is important to us that parents feel as welcome and comfortable in our program as their children do!
In addition to sharing information at pick-up and drop-off times, DCDC teachers
communicate with families through Brightwheel, a digital communication app. iPads in
each classroom allow Young Toddlers teachers to send daily reports on:
● Diaper changes
● Nap times
● Classroom activities (photos and videos)
● Special events
Families can also use Brightwheel to update teachers on any special considerations for the day.
We also welcome all our families to become involved in our community through classroom visits, volunteering, and special family events.